But there's still that guilty twinge every time I pick up a bucket of thai curry paste and put it in my basket whilst surreptitiously putting suggestive cucumbers and Vagisil in everyone else's...(great, I just mentioned Vagisil in a recipe post - bet you won't find that on Epicurious!).
Let me be clear. Vagisil is NOT an ingredient in today's post before I go on any further. Honestly.
So here it is - a paleo thai curry paste that took all of a minute to create. This is easily one of the most delicious if not the easiest thing on this site.
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 1-3 green chillies (be a dude and leave the seeds in, you sexy beast)
- 1 shallot (or half a red onion)
- 1 peeled thumb of ginger
- Half a cup of coriander
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Half a cup of basil
- Halt a teaspoon of ground cumin
- Half a teaspoon of pepper (Don't fall for the whole white/black pepper scam. Its the same damn thing)
- The juices of a lime (loving squeezed) (You can tell from the photos I used waay too much lime juice but I love limes...not in a sexual way. We're just friends.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk.
Um....mash it all up. Pretty easy really. Peel the fucking shallot first though but that's pretty much it. I chopped shit up to make it pretty for the photos but you can just stick it all into a food blender (dry ingredients first then wet).
Check back tomorrow to see what the crap I did with this sexy stuff.
(Also check out the barefoot running tab at the top of the screen if you want to help me raise money for kids in the UK and the third world!).